"I love your facility. It is always very comfortable and homey. It is always clean and everyone is so nice as they greet you when you walk by."
Who We Are
The Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel is central Pennsylvania's largest, most flexible, and most technologically sophisticated hotel. We're proud to be a premier setting for conferences, meetings, and events, large and small. But we're about more than conferences. Whether you're here for a weekend getaway, big game, or special graduation, you'll experience our natural elegance and comfort as you take in stunning views of Nittany Valley. Although we're located in a beautiful country setting, we're just minutes away from the heart of the action, in town and on campus.
Where We Are
You'll find us north of Penn State's University Park Campus, just a short drive from Beaver Stadium. The Penn Stater is accessible by all major highways: 90 miles from Harrisburg and Harrisburg International Airport and five miles from University Park Airport, State College.
Our 300 graciously appointed guest rooms and spacious suites offer luxury and comfort as well as the technology you need to stay in touch and get things done. All rooms and suites are smoke-free.
Every space at The Penn Stater has been designed to reflect the beauty, character, and quality unique to Central Pennsylvania and Penn State. Stunning glass walls and natural materials combine to create exquisite, light-filled rooms and a close connection to the hotel's natural setting. Take a moment to enjoy the lobby's handcrafted stone fireplace, the seating area that invites you to relax, and take in the expansive mountain views. Our corridors feature original artwork by distinguished artists.
While you're our guest, we'll go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, you can count on personalized service and attention to detail. Each staff member at The Penn Stater learns the fine art of guest service by completing our Guest Pride program. From front desk to restaurants to event planners, we provide the best in hospitality.
We offer two on-site restaurants:
The Gardens is the place for classic cuisine with American flair—whether you visit us for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Discover a new favorite dish—from roasted corn and crab cakes to potato crusted salmon to delicious salads, sandwiches, and burgers. Try our America's Bounty Buffet on Friday and Saturday evenings, and enjoy a complimentary mimosa or glass of champagne at our award-winning Sunday Brunch Buffet.
For casual dining, try Legends, where you're surrounded by Penn State history—literally! Learn some Penn State trivia from our walls as you have a beer with friends, catch the game on one of our flat-screen TVs, shoot a free game of pool, or enjoy a delicious meal. We feature classic dishes for lunch, dinner, and late night—including sandwiches, salads, and appetizers—along with a variety of Pennsylvania craft brews.
When you are our guest, your comfort is our top priority. Let us know if there's anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.
Here are some of the amenities you'll find at The Penn Stater:
- Bell services
- Complimentary shuttle service, including airport transportation
- Complimentary parking
- Valet services such as dry cleaning and valet parking
- Room service
- Comprehensive conference services
- Extensive banquet and meeting facilities
- Meeting and event planning specialists
- Free high-speed Internet access
- Fax and copy services
- Gift shop – Barnes & Noble at The Penn Stater, featuring Penn State memorabilia
- Fitness center, including aerobic and nautilus equipment, indoor lap pool, and whirlpool
- Nearby car rental
Recreation and Leisure
At The Penn Stater, you're just minutes away from the beautiful Penn State campus and a wide array of R&R activities. Here are a few options for you to consider:
- Enjoy a round of golf on the Penn State golf courses. Choose among our PGA-rated Blue and White courses and the nearby Toftrees championship PGA golf course.
- Get reacquainted with favorite Penn State landmarks—or experience them for the first time! Visit the beloved Nittany Lion Shrine for a photo op, and check out the nearby Pasquerilla Spiritual Center. Soak in Penn State history while admiring the Land-Grant Frescoes in Old Main. Take a stroll through the Arboretum and don't forget the Berkey Creamery. It's worth the trip!
- Do some shopping or dining in downtown State College.
- Enjoy a show at the Bryce Jordan Center or one of two on-campus performing arts theaters: Eisenhower Auditorium, with a seating capacity of 2,500, is Penn State's primary theatrical performance space. The more intimate Schwab Auditorium houses a proscenium stage and a 900-seat, Renaissance-style seating area.
- Head downtown to The State Theatre for music, dance, opera, movies, and more!
- Penn State's School of Theatre offers entertainment options at three convenient venues—two on campus and one in downtown State College.
- Penn State's Stone Valley Recreation Area, just 17 miles away, offers 29 miles of trails for hiking and cross-country skiing. Enjoy a leisurely picnic and a stroll through the woods. Groups can take advantage of Stone Valley Vertical Adventures, a high-adventure course focusing on team-building and featuring plenty of fun challenges in a beautiful, natural environment.
- Visit other nearby recreational areas for skiing, boating, and world-class fly fishing.
- Take in your choice of six museums on campus, including The Palmer Museum of Art. This free-admission museum offers an ever-changing array of exhibitions and displays of its permanent collection. With eleven galleries, 150-seat auditorium, and outdoor sculpture garden, the Palmer Museum is a unique cultural resource not to be missed.